Storefront Starter Golden Mile, aims to support new and emerging retail business owners to build their business and contribute to a vibrant local retail environment in the Greater Golden Mile.
Applications are now closed. Thank you to all that applied to participate.
Storefront Starter Golden Mile is a three-phase program of virtual skills development and real-life testing for new and aspiring business owners in the Greater Golden Mile. Delivered in partnership with Business in the Streets, the program includes coaching and mentorship from ILEO Leadership Table members, as well as access to start-up capital so that new and aspiring business owners are supported to build relationships, skills, confidence, and knowledge in a supportive environment.
Support to Launch
April to June 2022
- Receive online training led by Business in the Streets for 8 weeks
- Get coaching from industry leaders.
Test & Learn
July to September 2022
- Test your business ideas and build a customer base during 11 weeks at the Community Marketplace hosted by RioCan.
Support to Scale
September to December 2022
- Participate in an 8-week bootcamp led by Business in the Streets to support scaling your business
- Access start-up capital.
TThe 8-week virtual business training will help aspiring business owners understand what it means to be an entrepreneur and what to do in order to validate their idea. Through the program, participants will receive:
- Relevant and hands-on business training materials and tools
- Peer mentorship for your specific business idea
- Guidance on how to present your idea to business owners, guest speakers, and pitch competition judging panels
- An ‘in-the-streets’ walkthrough that will give you a first-hand look into the art of doing business
After the training, participants will be able to test their ideas or products and build their customer base at the Community Marketplace hosted by RioCan this Summer in the Golden Mile.
In Fall 2022, participants will return to your business plan and participate in an eight-week Bootcamp to refine their model and prepare for scaling, working with coaches and advisors to incorporate a summer of learning as they identify next steps to success.
*Priority is given to candidates who live or are interested in setting up a business in the following postal codes/neighbourhoods:
- Golden Mile
- Victoria Village
- Eglinton East
- Kennedy Park
Postal Codes (first three characters)
The Greater Golden Mile (GGM)
The Daniels Corporation
City of Toronto – Entrepreneurship Services