Support local Golden Mile entrepreneurs at the ILEO Holiday Market
From Thursday December 14 to Sunday December 17, discover locally created clothing, home goods, food and beauty products at the ILEO Holiday Market hosted by RioCan REIT.
YONGE EGLINTON CENTRE, CENTRE COURT
Dec 14-16th (10 AM – 6 PM)
and December 17th (12 – 5 PM)
What is ILEO Storefront Starter?
ILEO Storefront Starter Golden Mile is a FREE three-phase program to help new and aspiring entrepreneurs and business owners from the Greater Golden Mile launch their business idea. Supported by United Way Greater Toronto, the program includes:
- Over 40 hours of business training from Business in the Streets
- Real life retail opportunities facilitated by BRIKA in prime locations in Toronto including a month-long storefront in the Distillery District
- Access to start-up capital
- The opportunity to build relationships with some of Canada’s largest corporations participating in the ILEO Initiative convened by United Way Greater Toronto and BMO Financial Group
By joining the program, new and aspiring business owners will build business relationships, skills, confidence, and knowledge in a supportive environment to bring their business idea to the next level.
Support to Launch
April 22 to June 17, 2023
- Receive free online training led by Business in the Streets (BITS) on Saturdays from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Learn business concepts and apply them to your business
- Develop and execute a strategy to validate your business idea
Test & Learn
- Participate and showcase products in the Distillery District managed by BRIKA
- Receive free market training from professional retail managers
- Access a $1,000 grant to help you prepare for the market
Support to Scale
September 2023 to March 2024
- Receive free bootcamp training led by BITS to scale your business idea
- Participate in additional retail opportunities around Toronto
- Access additional start up grants and loans
llustrations by Storyset
Meet the Entrepreneurs in the ILEO Community Storefront
Learn about the 20 amazing ILEO Storefront Starter entrepreneurs participating in the ILEO Community Storefront this summer!
Please note that candidates who live or are interested in setting up a business in the following postal codes/neighbourhoods will be given priority:
- Golden Mile
- Victoria Village
- Eglinton East
- Kennedy Park
- Flemingdon Park
Postal Codes (first three characters)
Meet previous Storefront Starter Participants
In the 2022-23 program, 10 entrepreneurs received over 40 hours of business coaching, built business relationships with top corporate partners in Canada and participated in multiple pop-up markets (including at First Canadian Place) and other ILEO corporate purchase initiatives. Collectively, the 10 participants made over $47,000 in total revenue. Participants were also eligible to receive loans and grants.
Kadaesha Lindsay, Untainted Bath and Body Care.
As a Scarborough native, I am very honoured to be part of this amazing initiative. It brings the community together. It allows us to have exposure. That means a lot.
Leo Mai, Akai Organic
Just even getting a grant to validate this idea really gave me the inspiration and the belief that I really needed to just even get started.
Brian Osoteo, Couple Stripes
Storefront Starter allowed us to bring both new and existing customers into one space. It also brought together young, gifted and ambitious entrepreneurs who are like minded and were able to share experiences to help each other grow.
Do you have a business idea or product that you’d like to take to the next level? Tell us and we will notify you as opportunities come up!
The Daniels Corporation
BMO Financial Group
City of Toronto – Entrepreneurship Services
Choice Properties REIT