Every year, tens of thousands of people from across the GTA come together to show their local love and support the communities where we live, work and raise our families. As responsible stewards of your investment, we know how important it is for you to feel confident that your gift is having a direct and lasting impact. At United Way, we work every day to cultivate that trust. We pride ourselves on being responsible, transparent stewards of the community’s resources and your generous support. Our ethical-fundraising and financial-accountability practices—from our policies to our operating standards and accreditation — speak for themselves.
A bigger impact for your dollar
We remain effective and keep costs low by maintaining a strong internal-fundraising department, by strategically leveraging our workplace volunteers, and by taking advantage of donated services and advertising support. Our administrative and fundraising costs are well below the 35% cost-revenue ratio recommended by the Canada Revenue Agency, which means a bigger impact for your every dollar.
- 50% Community investments through United Way Greater Toronto network of agencies, partners and community services
- 18% Government Emergency Funded Programs
- 16% Donor-directed designations to other United Ways and other registered charities
- 11% Community Services and Program Support
- 5% Programs and organizations supported by restricted gifts and government grants
Numbers based on United Way Greater Toronto’s 2020-2021 Annual Report.
Learn more about our organization:
If you want want to get to know us, click the links below. You can read about the important research that we do, the things that are important to us as an organization, the amazing individuals that run and operate United Way, and our fundraising practices!