Join a community of committed neighbours who are working together to tackle local poverty
When you become a United Way Greater Toronto monthly donor, you’ll join a community of donors who are helping to strengthen communities across the GTA. Together, your consistent, reliable donations will connect millions of people to the programs and services they need, when they need it most. It’s a truly united approach to tackling local poverty.
- Provide secure, stable funding for United Way’s network of 300+ programs and agencies. This network provides vital services across the GTA, including housing and food support, mental health counselling and employment supports.
- Ensure United Way can continue to lead cross-sector collaborations, including our including our Inclusive Local Economic Opportunity Initiative, which is connecting people to jobs and ensuring Scarborough residents benefit from local development projects.
- Empower United Way to strategically push for long-term change through our groundbreaking research, public policy and mobilization work. This includes advocating for real, lasting solutions to the affordable housing crisis, income inequality and food insecurity.
How we put your dollars to work:
The programming we fund reaches 2 million people annually. Here are just a few examples of what that looks like on the ground:
people at risk of homelessness, or who are precariously housed, got support to maintain their housing.
people gained the tools to effectively manage mental health or addictions challenges.
people achieved employment or apprenticeships thanks to a United Way program.
Benefits of being a monthly donor:
- It’s flexible. Increase or cancel your gift at any time.
- It’s streamlined. The whole process is automated, and you get one gift receipt at the end of the year.
- It’s reliable. By committing to a monthly gift, you’re letting us know we can plan for the future for maximum impact.
The Donor Bill of Rights
United Way respects your rights as a donor, including your right to:
- know how we intend to use your donation
- read our most recent financial statements
- have your personal information handled with respect and confidentiality
To learn more, read Our Commitment to You.
Dave, housing program participant
We would have definitely ended up on the streets if not for United Way. I like to do everything by myself, but this experience showed me it’s ok to reach out and ask for help once in a while.
Want to learn more about your impact? We’ll send you regular updates in our email newsletter.
Questions about becoming a monthly donor?
Already a monthly donor? Here are some frequently asked questions you can review.