ILEO Good Jobs is a neighbourhood-based, employer-driven workplace development initiative that helps employers address recruitment and retention challenges and meet diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
ILEO Good Jobs coordinates community partners in a specific neighbourhood to refer suitable local jobseekers, deliver training, and provide supports to candidates and employers.
- Deep engagement – bespoke curriculum design with employers
- Program delivery excellence – soft skills, technical skills, and on-the-job training and wrap around supports, including post-hire supports
- Referrals from across a network of community partners – a diverse pool of the most suitable candidates from the neighbourhood
Stream 1 Tailored Workforce Development
Employers work with United Way and a community partner to develop key criteria, and a bespoke training curriculum (technical and soft skills). Candidates receive supports pre- and post-hire. Employers receive access to a diverse pool of talent that is trained to their specific needs, and jobseekers receive bespoke training tailored to specific companies and roles. Generally for roles with recruitment and retention challenges where organizations make multiple hires (6 or more) at a time.
- Work with employers to identify in-demand job roles
- Jointly developed tailored suitability criteria
- Training co-created by employers and community agencies to address specific employer pain points, including performance gaps, retention, or recruitment challenges
- Multiple assessment opportunities for employers in the pre-interview stage
- Engagement beyond the hiring stage through comprehensive post-hire wraparound supports
Stream 2 Accelerated Recruitment
Employers recruit job seekers from the Greater Golden Mile through United Way and our network of community partners, who connect with local jobseekers, help to screen suitable candidates, and provide comprehensive post-hire support. Generally for single hires and for roles where employers need talent right away.
Are you a resident looking for a job?
If you are a resident in the Greater Golden Mile* looking for a job, please register here.
For more information, please contact ILEOgoodjobs@uwgt.org
**Candidates must live in the following postal codes/neighbourhoods:
- Golden Mile
- Victoria Village
- Eglinton East
- Kennedy Park
Postal Codes (first three characters)
President and CEO
Employment and Social Services Division
City of Toronto.
General Manager – Technology
Development and evaluation of ILEO Good Jobs
MAGNET (Ryerson University)
Aecon Group Inc. (Crosslinx)
Sun Life Financial
The Daniels Corporation