Unite against poverty
Major Donor Circle members are a group of donors whose $10,000+ annual investment in United Way plays a direct role in working toward a more equitable community for all. The pandemic and rising inflation have taught us how quickly issues of poverty, homelessness and unemployment can escalate. United we can become the region we want to be and ensure basic needs and services are delivered to those who need it most. Learn more about how you can help your GTA community by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 416-458-5460.
How you can help
We’re inviting you to stand united with community by supporting our 2022 Community Campaign goal of $110 million. Your generous gift made directly to United Way today can build a more equitable tomorrow.
What you make possible
For many, the devastating impacts of the pandemic are far from over while inflation reached its highest level in decades. Grocery and rent prices are out of reach for many, and so many among us are in serious distress. Thanks to supporters like you, we are able provide our community with everything from nutritious food and culturally appropriate mental health resources to safe shelter and complete settlement support.
- In 2021, we funded over 300 social service agencies and more than 1,100 programs across Peel, Toronto and York Region
- We helped keep over 2 million people housed, fed, connected, engaged and safe
Northleaf Capital Operating Partner Paul J. Bradley, United Way Greater Toronto’s Major Individual Giving Cabinet Chair
As a volunteer and donor for decades, I have seen the impact of United Way first-hand. No organization is better positioned to help ensure this place we love, our own community, our own backyard, emerges better and stronger – for all.
Our commitment to you
As stewards of your gift, we will ensure it is used in the most effective way possible to further this mission. Your gift will provide:
- Ongoing flexible funding to community agencies so they can meet basic, fundamental needs
- Crucial coordination of services to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Capacity building for community agencies to adapt and sustain their programming
- Research that will uncover trends and issues, helping us to identify and test solutions so we can improve our community-building strategies
- Continued work on tackling the root causes of poverty through partnerships with government at the local, provincial and federal levels, creating long-term, sustainable change
Keeping you updated on the work you make possible
- Philanthropic advisor: You can connect with your senior philanthropy officer to get an in-depth look at how your gift is helping our community recover and rebuild. They’ll work closely with you to achieve your personal giving goals and maximize your impact.
- Neighbourhood tours: Explore some of the GTA’s most vibrant communities through our virtual tours. You and your family will hear how neighbours are supporting one another, the challenges they face and how United Way is putting your support to work to address unignorable local issues at the neighbourhood level.
- Virtual events: Join us at a series of virtual events to get a first-hand look at your impact in the community, including thought-leadership panels, special United Way research report launches and more. You’ll be part of the important conversations that are informing our work across the GTA.
- Volunteer opportunities: We know you want to help, which is why we’ve put together a series of safe virtual volunteer opportunities, including activities for the whole family. You can do everything from conversation circles with newcomers to creating thank you cards for frontline community workers. Contact your United Way staff partner for more information.