You can ignite an equitable recovery
Major Donor Circle members are a group of donors whose $10,000+ annual investment in United Way plays a direct role in fuelling our community recovery plan. Learn more about how you can help the GTA recover and rebuild after this crisis by emailing us at email@example.com or call 416-458-5460.
How you can help
We’re inviting you to join us today by supporting our $105-million 2021 Community Recovery Campaign. Your generous gift made directly to United Way can help meet the needs of today and begin to break down systemic barriers for a more equitable tomorrow.
What you make possible
More than a year into this pandemic, and we have already come through so much together. Thanks to supporters like you across Peel, Toronto and York Region, United Way was able to provide a coordinated community response to COVID-19.
- 2.2 million people supported
- 1,400 programs and initiatives in Peel, Toronto and York Region that provide a vital lifeline to community
- 575 agencies working together
- 90% of our funded programs serve racialized groups, including Black and Indigenous peoples
We all know COVID-19 has had a disproportionate effect across the region. It has also awakened in so many the desire to do more to understand and to fight those inequities. I hope you’ll join me in 2021 in working together to create an equitable recovery and the inclusive future we all want for the GTA.Norie Campbell, 2021 Chair, Major Individual Giving Cabinet, and Group Head and General Counsel, TD Bank Group
Our commitment to you
As stewards of your gift, we will ensure it is used in the most effective way possible to further this mission. Your gift will provide:
- Ongoing flexible funding to community agencies so they can meet basic, fundamental needs
- Crucial coordination of services to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Capacity building for community agencies to adapt and sustain their programming
- Research that will uncover trends and issues, helping us to identify and test solutions so we can improve our community-building strategies
- Continued work on tackling the root causes of poverty through partnerships with government at the local, provincial and federal levels, creating long-term, sustainable change
Keeping you updated on the work you make possible
- Philanthropic advisor: You can connect with your senior philanthropy officer to get an in-depth look at how your gift is helping our community recover and rebuild. They’ll work closely with you to achieve your personal giving goals and maximize your impact.
- Neighbourhood tours: Explore some of the GTA’s most vibrant communities through our virtual tours. You and your family will hear how neighbours are supporting one another, the challenges they face and how United Way is putting your support to work to address unignorable local issues at the neighbourhood level.
- Virtual events: Join us at a series of virtual events to get a first-hand look at your impact in the community, including thought-leadership panels, special United Way research report launches and more. You’ll be part of the important conversations that are informing our work across the GTA.
- Volunteer opportunities: We know you want to help, which is why we’ve put together a series of safe virtual volunteer opportunities, including activities for the whole family. You can do everything from conversation circles with newcomers to creating thank you cards for frontline community workers. Contact your United Way staff partner for more information.
Make a gift today
Your generous donation of $10,000 or more to United Way will help transform your community.