Leaders like you are vital to our community’s recovery
A successful recovery from this pandemic involves all of us. That’s why we’re asking you to make a Leadership donation of $1,200 or more to United Way this year. You will play a vital role in creating a recovery that harnesses the incredible power, resiliency and skills of the people that make the GTA such a vibrant, diverse and welcoming place to live.
How you can help
We’re inviting you to join us today by supporting our $105-million 2021 Community Recovery Campaign. Your generous Leadership gift made directly to United Way can help meet the needs of today and begin to break down systemic barriers for a more equitable tomorrow.
What you make possible
More than a year into this pandemic, and we have already come through so much together. Across Peel, Toronto and York Region, United Way was able to provide a coordinated community response to COVID-19.
- 2.2 million people supported
- 1,400 programs and initiatives in Peel, Toronto and York Region that provide a vital lifeline to community
- 575 agencies working together
- 90% of our funded programs serve racialized groups, including Black and Indigenous peoples
Looking back, the issues that United Way champions were issues that impacted me, including supports for newcomers and youth empowerment. At our core, we all want to matter—to look back and know that we made a difference.Joseph Silva, United Way donor
Our commitment to you
As stewards of your $1,200+ Leadership gift, we will ensure it is used in the most effective way possible to further this mission. Your gift will provide:
- Crucial coordination of services to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Capacity building for community agencies to adapt and sustain their programming
- Research that will uncover trends and issues, helping us to identify and test solutions so we can improve our community-building strategies
- Continued work on tackling the root causes of poverty through partnerships with government at the local, provincial and federal levels, creating long-term, sustainable change
Keeping you updated on the work you make possible
- A dedicated United Way staff person is available to discuss your gift in more detail or help you learn more about United Way’s work.
- You’ll receive special updates on how your gift is making a difference on the ground, and invitations to dig deeper into unignorable issues in our community.
- Your generosity will power our network of community agencies, fund our groundbreaking research and help us tackle systemic poverty.
Make a monthly gift
Your monthly Leadership gift (only $100 per month) gives us a strong foundation of support that sustains our ongoing investments in community.