Leaders like you are vital to our community’s recovery
A successful recovery from this pandemic involves all of us. That’s why we’re asking you to make a Leadership donation of $1,200 or more to United Way this year. You will play a vital role in creating a recovery that harnesses the incredible power, resiliency and skills of the people that make the GTA such a vibrant, diverse and welcoming place to live.
How you can help
We’re inviting you to join us today by supporting our 2022 Community Campaign goal of $110 million. Your generous Leadership gift made directly to United Way can help meet the needs of today and begin to break down systemic barriers for a more equitable tomorrow.
What you make possible
For many, the devastating impacts of the pandemic are far from over while inflation reached its highest level in decades. Grocery and rent prices are out of reach for many, and so many among us are in serious distress. Thanks to supporters like you, we are able provide our community with everything from nutritious food and culturally appropriate mental health resources to safe shelter and complete settlement support.
- In 2021, we funded over 300 social service agencies and more than 1,100 programs across Peel, Toronto and York Region
- We helped keep over 2 million people housed, fed, connected, engaged and safe
Double your impact by becoming a Leadership donor
It’s the season for giving, and thanks to a generous donor family your donations can now go twice as far!
All donations to United Way Greater Toronto will be matched dollar-for-dollar before December 31, 2022.
That means your gift will have twice the impact and will help our friends and neighbours living in precarious conditions to access the urgent resources they need, close to home.
Looking back, the issues that United Way champions were issues that impacted me, including supports for newcomers and youth empowerment. At our core, we all want to matter—to look back and know that we made a difference.Joseph Silva, United Way donor
Our commitment to you
As stewards of your $1,200+ Leadership gift, we will ensure it is used in the most effective way possible to further this mission. Your gift will provide:
- Crucial coordination of services to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Capacity building for community agencies to adapt and sustain their programming
- Research that will uncover trends and issues, helping us to identify and test solutions so we can improve our community-building strategies
- Continued work on tackling the root causes of poverty through partnerships with government at the local, provincial and federal levels, creating long-term, sustainable change
Keeping you updated on the work you make possible
- A dedicated United Way staff person is available to discuss your gift in more detail or help you learn more about United Way’s work.
- You’ll receive special updates on how your gift is making a difference on the ground, and invitations to dig deeper into unignorable issues in our community.
- Your generosity will power our network of community agencies, fund our groundbreaking research and help us tackle systemic poverty.