June 21, 2022 — What will it take to collectively build a safe, inclusive and prosperous GTA where everyone belongs? Media are invited to join United Way Greater Toronto’s 66th Annual General Meeting on Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 from 8:45-10:00 a.m. for insightful discussions with community innovators and sector leaders about the practical, scalable work ahead to ensure access to affordable and appropriate housing, local economic opportunities and a resilient community service sector.
When: Thursday, June 23, 2022
8:45-9:00 a.m. Keynote Address by Daniele Zanotti, President & CEO, United Way Greater Toronto
9:00-10:00 a.m. Engagement & Dialogue with Featured Guests:
- Lisa Williams, Senior Vice President, Strategy, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
- Angela Robertson, Executive Director, Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre
- Mercedes Sharpe Zayas, Planning Coordinator, Parkdale Activity-Recreation Centre (PARC)
- Clovis Grant, Chief Executive Officer, 360°kids
- Sharon Floyd, Chief Executive Officer, Embrave Agency to End Violence
Where: Virtually through Zoom.
RSVP: Please RSVP through contact below to receive the video conferencing link and additional resources for stories.
About United Way: As the largest non-government funder of community services in the GTA, United Way Greater Toronto reinforces a crucial community safety net to support people living in poverty. United Way’s network of agencies and initiatives in neighbourhoods across Peel, Toronto and York Region works to ensure that everyone has access to the programs and services they need to thrive today. Mobilizing community support, United Way’s work is rooted in ground-breaking research, strategic leadership, local advocacy and cross-sectoral partnerships committed to building a more equitable region and lasting solutions to the GTA’s greatest challenges.
Manager, Communications, United Way Greater Toronto