The Bhayana Family Foundation Awards recognize extraordinary contributions made by staff at United Way Greater Toronto-supported agencies.
November 18, 2019 — It’s a sector that reinforces crucial community safety net, but the people working the front-lines of the GTA’s community agencies don’t often get the public appreciation they so deserve. The Bhayana Family Foundation Awards recognize extraordinary contributions made by frontline staff and middle managers who are tackling #UNIGNORABLE local issues at United Way Greater Toronto-supported agencies. Winners are awarded for showing their local love and helping people thrive through their dedication, innovation and creativity, leadership, teamwork and partnership.
The community workers recongized in the 2019 Bhayana Family Foundation awards are:
Dedication: employees who are dedicated to the mission, values and goals of their agency and go above and beyond what is expected of them.
- Renee Flannery, Learning Disabilities Association York
- Simon Kalkstein, Jewish Family & Child (JF&CS)
- Eva Webster, Native Child and Family Services
Innovation & Creativity: employees who contribute innovative solutions to their organization by looking for new ways to achieve shared goals.
- Rani Anto, Newcomer Centre of Peel
- Jaydeep Atara, St. Leonard’s Place Peel
- Ashleigh Judge, College-Montrose Children’s Place
Leadership: employees who demonstrate exemplary leadership capabilities and consistently achieve superior, team-based results.
- Diana Grimaldos, Working Women Community Centre
- Maryamm Himid, Sistering/PARC
- Sureya Ibrahim, The Centre for Community Learning & Development
Partnership: employees who make outstanding contributions to their broader community by recognizing, engaging in, and maximizing relationships with key external stakeholders, such as residents, other agencies, businesses and funders.
- Julian Carvajal, Art Starts
- Nealia Lewis, St. Leonard’s Place Peel
- Dalu Ndlovu, The Vitanova Foundation
Team awards: working groups that demonstrate commitment to success through excellent and consistent performance.
- Newcomer Wellness Services Centre Client Support Services and Mental Health Services, COSTI Immigrant Services
- Social Support Team — Food Bank, Scarborough Centre for Healthy Communities
- Systems Change Team, PARC
Staff at United Way-supported agencies are on the frontlines, ensuring those in need can access vital community supports. Their incredible local love is changing lives across Greater Toronto. Congratulations to all the winners and nominees. We couldn’t do our work in the community without you. We are grateful to the Bhayana Family Foundation for working with United Way to make this recognition possible.Daniele Zanotti President & CEO United Way Greater Toronto
United Way agency staff put their hearts, minds and souls into enhancing the quality of life for their clients. They turn the impossible into the inevitable and go above and beyond every single day.Raksha M. Bhayana, The Bhayana Family Foundation
– 30 –
The awards are made possible through the generous support of Madan and Raksha M. Bhayana and the Bhayana Family Foundation.